The purpose of LiquidFiles Filedrops is to provide an easy way for your customers to send
files back to you. Filedrops are the most common used LiquidFiles feature for this purpose.
A Filedrop is a specific URL where outside recipients can send files to your local users without any prior configuration or setup.
An Example Filedrop URL would be https://liquidfiles.company.com/filedrop/orders where liquidfiles.company.com would be your specific LiquidFiles system and 'orders' this particular Filedrop.
There's also a specific type of Filedrops that we call User Filedrops which are Filedrops that are pre-defined for each local user on a per group basis. User Filedrops can either use the email address to have the URL like https://firstname.lastname@example.org or using randomized URLs (to prevent guessing or testing email addresses) like: https://liquidfiles.company.com/filedrop/~LHsDRX.
Often we refer to Filedrops as System Filedrops or User Filedrops, where the System Filedrops are configured specifically, and User Filedrops are configured automatically on a per group basis.
System Filedrops have a lot more options than User Filedrops.
- Receiving Files from External Users with Unlimited File Size.
- Receiving Files securely using HTTPs instead of insecure FTP or Emails.
- Some customers add User Filedrops to outgoing email signatures — "If you need to send me a large or secure file, please go to https://liquidfiles.company.com/filedrop/~LHsDRX".
- With Advanced Filedrop configuration, it's possible to create forms like recruitment forms using Filedrops.
- We, as in the LiquidFiles company, use a Filedrop: https://files.liquidfiles.com/filedrop/support when you use the LiquidFiles support function to "Send Support Info". The "Send Support Info" will bundle up system and application logs and send them using the LiquidFiles Filedrop API to send the system and application logs to the LiquidFiles support team.
- A printing company receiving large printjobs;
- A company that receives large field reports;
- A professional services company needing a tender submission Filedrop;
- A lawfirm where all staff needs to be able to receive confidential information easily.
For Configuration Details, please go to either: