Release Notes Version 2.3.x
Version 2.3.30 (released 2014-02-12)
- Updated the support and documentation link in the admin pages to point to the updated support site URL.
- Only show the "Download All" button if there's more than 1 attachment.
- Fixed a display error for multiple invalid recipients.
- Added a setting in Admin → Groups to disable sending download receipts to a group of users.
- Ensure that disk speed checking temp files are cleaned up.
Version 2.3.29 (released 2014-02-03)
- Updated the Filedrop API with better consistency with the Send Files API (you need to update if you currently use the Filedrop API).
- Fixed a couple of problems where registration and LDAP test functions wouldn't work if a configured LDAP server stopped responding.
- Fixed a problem with the download all function for very long subject (which would result in a too long zip file name).
Version 2.3.28 (released 2014-01-20)
- Removed Download count as sortable in the Sent and Message Log view. The indexing of the joined message/download table took massive amount of data even on smaller installations causing indexing to fail. If a workaround can be found this will be re-added.
- Renamed the Filedrop cancel button to remove, and removed the progress bar placeholder.
- Fixed a problem where User Email Filedrops wasn't working unless User Filedrop was enabled.
- Fixed a problem where some command line utilities would not load properly.
- Updated input validation.
Version 2.3.27 (released 2014-01-10)
- Added link to the Release Notes from the Updates page.
- Fixed a problem where the select exiting files modal wasn't aligned properly.
- Fixed a problem where some command line utilities would not load properly.
- Updated Bootstrap.
Version 2.3.26 (released 2014-01-06)
- Added function to temporary remove branding if customization is preventing logins.
- Fixed a problem where it wasn't possible to delete the old data dir from the web interface if a new data disk have been installed.
- Only show LDAP and Strong auth user options in the User edit if they have been configured.
- Added API information for can invite users and disable sending.
- Fixed expires after if max expires after group limits set.
- Added application log if authentication failed because of no authentication available.
- Ensure that script tags are stripped from the recipients field.
- Only autodetect languages that have actually been manually added.
- Added XML information for Filedrop.
- XML error response for no such filedrop added.
- Updated information for console access.
- Updated rails web application framework.
Version 2.3.25 (released 2013-12-11)
- Updated search index validation checks.
- Updated VMware tools installation to include the option to remove VMware Tools.
- Updated VMware tools installation to use the latest specified version of version 5.1.
Version 2.3.24 (released 2013-12-02)
- Update the last login time and last login ip when logging in using SAML.
- Fixed a problem displaying a 404 response for non html and xml requests.
Version 2.3.23 (released 2013-11-21)
- Set the users group correctly when created by the Windows Auth Proxy.
- Added the option of validating and resending validation emails for admins.
- Made the add existing files modal wider and added sent column.
- Updated web server ciphers and re-added TLSv1 (TLS v1.1+ is only available in IE11+).
Version 2.3.22 (released 2013-11-11)
- Better information when the search index is being updated.
- Don't count files with errors towards to maximum file size.
- Updated the Internet Explorer placeholder to use a lighter grey.
- Improved detection and feedback on API/XML errors.
- Updated Ruby on Rails.
Version 2.3.21 (released 2013-11-05)
- Change LDAP server timeout depending on number of servers, 1 server: 40s, 2 servers: 30s, >2 servers: 15s.
- Added the logged in users name and email below the menu bar.
- Better description and handling of the auto-send feature.
- Permit the User Filedrop max filesize to be unset.
- Fixed a problem that didn't permit User Filedrop with email unless the random one was enabled.
Version 2.3.20 (released 2013-10-22)
- Don't require users to enter their password when doing a password reset.
- Added Checksums and CRC32's to CSV's.
- Added more database indexes to speed up nightly search engine updates.
- Added support for VMware Tools v5.5 from the F2 Setup menu.
Version 2.3.19 (released 2013-10-15)
- Fixed a problem with a cooke lifetime that wasn't properly set to 2 weeks when configured.
- Requre users to enter their current password when changing passwords.
- Workaround for a problem where Internet Explorer 11 incorrectly identifies itself as Mozilla/Firefox.
- Fixed a problem where users sometimes wasn't properly deleted due to inactivity.
- Fixed a problem sending user invites from an account with a comma in the name.
- Updated the search index function to better detect problems with the current index and force reindexing.
- Updated the search index to start in the background, which will improve boot times if the search index needs updating.
Version 2.3.18 (released 2013-10-10)
- Added a function to move users when deleting a group with users in it.
- Add EMAIL and GROUP environment variables to the custom filescan.
- Add missing password validation, move validation hint to the right.
- Check LDAP group belongings when logging in with SSO.
Version 2.3.17 (released 2013-09-30)
- Add a SSO Login button on the message authenticate page.
- Added default SSO group assignment configuration.
- Added the ability to use advanced scriptable password validation. Please see: Advanced Custom Password Validation with external script for more information.
- Better logging if a user is not permitted to use the Filedrop feature.
Version 2.3.16 (released 2013-09-25)
- Security: Fixed a problem with SAML authenticated users.
Version 2.3.15 (released 2013-09-25)
- Fixed a problem with Internet Explorer 10 which prevented the add files button to be clicked after adding cc or bcc fields.
- Added in-line validation of recipients for users in groups with limited sending domains and external users.
- Fixed validation DNS servers and Time servers to better display if they are responding properly.
- Fixed a problem in the admin menu where the currently selected tab's link was sometimes not set.
- Fixed a problem disabling support access from the web interface.
- Increased the Duo iframe window size according to latest Duo documentation.
- Added port to the system_url parameter in the Email templates if the port is not the default.
- Fixed a problem when deleting users from the admin menu was not updated visually correctly.
- Removed html sanitation of the subject field.
Version 2.3.14 (released 2013-09-10)
- Added message.created_at tag in the email templates.
- Update time configuration and status display.
- Fixed a problem where file extensions wasn't validated properly when using the Filedrop API.
- Added the Network menu with relevant options for the EC2 version.
- Permit up to 60s drift when validating the SAML signature.
- Added XML error messages for when users are not permitted to use the API.
- Better error reporting for the Backup configuration.
- Increase max search results.
Version 2.3.13 (released 2013-08-19)
- Added File Request API: https://man.liquidfiles.com/api/file_request_api.html
- Added Validate Recipients API: https://man.liquidfiles.com/api/messages/validate_recipients.html
- Added API to retreive any users API key: https://man.liquidfiles.com/api/retrieve_any_users_api_key.html
- Updated Email configuration to enable setting custom smtp security levels
- Fixed a problem where ZIP'd downloads wasn't enabled when it should in some instances
- Fixed a problem with calculating the message size for the sorting in the Message List
Version 2.3.12 (released 2013-08-08)
- Fixed a problem which would sometimes cause the daily search reindexing to not run properly.
- Fixed a problem which would sometimes cause a search reindex on boot, making booting unessecary long.
- Use the base email URL (if set) in the API response messages.
- Updated localisation.
- Validate that the email relay host is set to something different than the current hostname.
Version 2.3.11 (released 2013-07-30)
- Updated the password reset function that sometimes wouldn't allow password resets as is should.
- Disabled TLS v1.0.
- Reset the position of the upload selector after resize (needed for when resizing the window in IE 10).
- Updated the validation of permitted characters for the backup configuration.
- Enclose names with commas in double-quotes.
- Fixed a problem when the default expiration was set to 0 (zero) or blank.
- Fixed a problem with enabling the traffic limitation function.
Version 2.3.10 (released 2013-07-16)
- Added a function to pre-fill parameters on Filedrops. Please see: Pre-filling Filedrop Parameter documentation.
- Fixed a problem when editing invalid filetypes on Filedrops.
- Permit download of zipped archives if download without av scan is permitted.
- Don't escape html output in the API html response.
- Allow names with comma's when sending mails.
- Correctly list hyper-v integrated services installed from the F2 Setup menu.
Version 2.3.9 (released 2013-07-02)
- Added a function to upload certificates in PFX/pkcs12 format from Admin → Certificate.
- Delete unsent attachments nightly (this used to happen but was removed in v2.1.0 and has now been re-added).
Version 2.3.8 (released 2013-06-17)
- Fixed a problem where a re-used zip download link sometimes would be logged as a successful download.
- Fixed a problem where expires at would be overwritten by the default setting, if the users wasn't allowed to change message permission.
- Allow .local domains for the client side validation in Admin → Groups.
- Improved validations.
Version 2.3.7 (released 2013-06-08)
- Fix for request file size when group size limit is not set.
- Set the correct protocol in emails when selecting prefer http and prefer https.
- Improved validations and displaying error messages.
- Enable TLS when sending emails if supported by the sender.
- Enable locale detection for sub-languages (fr-CH), not just major languages (fr).
Version 2.3.6 (released 2013-06-03)
- Improved validations and displaying error messages.
- Added 403 Error page.
Version 2.3.5 (released 2013-05-29)
- Updated the search function with searchable size and download count in the message log.
- Fixed a problem with the static SSO login for LDAP users.
Version 2.3.4 (released 2013-05-27)
- Added download speed and download time to the Download Log and Download Receipt.
- Fixed a problem with the File Request.
- Added copy myself to File Requests and Invite Users.
- Fixed a problem with logging and alerting of failed logins from restricted networks.
- Fixed migration from v1.x.
Version 2.3.3 (released 2013-05-23)
- Added delivered notification pages for the standard message and filedrop send.
- Moved the remainer of the User Filedrop configuration into the Groups configuration.
- Fixed a problem filedrop and file request permissions.
- Fixed a problem with the finished editing check box on the compose page that submitted the wrong form.
Version 2.3.2 (released 2013-05-22)
- Fixed a problem with the disk expansion script.
- Added API to delete attachments from messages.
- Fixed a problem with the `ft restore` script.
- Fixed an upload problem with uploads of files with a content-type that contained a + sign (i.e. DWFx files).
- Better validation of expiration dates in the Group configuration.
Version 2.3.1 (released 2013-05-16)
- Fixed LDAP final user test that would always return an SSL error.
- Fixed a problem with Filedrop editing.
- Fixed a problem with testing users in the Admin → Group page.
Version 2.3.0 (released 2013-05-14)
- Added Groups with the following features:
- Unlimited number of groups.
- All settings that where previously divided into local/external (max file size, ...) have been moved into groups.
- A lot of other features (enable API, enable user Filedrops, ...) have been moved into groups.
- Users can be added into groups based on LDAP group belongings.
- Groups can be limited to only allow recipients from certain email domains.
- Groups can be limited to only allow logins from certain ip ranges.
- Permission settings can be disabled on a per group basis.
- Added Expires After certain number of downloads.
- File Request feature - enabling users to send one time file requests to make it easier to receive files
- User Invite - allow users to invite other users, making it easier if you don't want to enable the registration button on the front page.
- Added Outlook plugin settings from the LiquidFiles system (enable/disable attach folders, enable/disable secure attach).
- Added the ability of sending custom API settings in the API info response, if you develop your own API integration and want to send different settings to different LiquidFiles groups.
- When a user downloads a zip'd archive, only send one email confirmation.
- Added notification in the default email templates if the email or download link can be forwarded or not.
- Enable User Signup requests from the Admin → Users page.
- User Guide available in the Help menu.
- Added internal search engine that is much, much quicker when searching through large datasets than searching directly in the database as in v2.2 and below. The search engine will increase memory usage quite substantially, minimum amount of RAM is 1Gb and recommeded amount of RAM in v2.3 is 2Gb for a production system if you have quite a lot of messages.
- Added display of SHA-256 checksums where applicable.
- Bandwidth Limitation configuration. You can now configure the maximum upload and download bandwidth that LiquidFiles will use. This setting is per interface.
- Use UTC time when storing syslog message in the database.
- Updated message authorization, provides better compatibility with IE when using compatibility mode.
- Updated license validation: external users can no longer belong to any of the limited recipient domains, or send to users in their own domain. The licensing requirement hasn't changed - you still need licenses for all your local users sending files, same as it's always been.
- Updated versions of most internal libraries.