Release Notes Version 1.6.x
v1.6.30 (Released 2012-01-17)
- Fixed a problem with 1.6.29 affecting Outlook logins.
v1.6.29 (Released 2012-01-14)
- Fixed a syslog message for dropbox with wrong sender name.
- Fixed a problem that sometimes caused the Outlook plugin to not be able to login.
- Add bcc list in the message log (so you can see who you've bcc'd).
- Added 'ft clear_admin_networks' command, if you need to clear the admin network restriction.
v1.6.28 (Released 2011-11-29)
- Security issue where a user could change the password of the first created user of the system with a specially crafted URL.
v1.6.27 (Released 2011-11-18)
- Accurately display browser as reason when it is the reason for filesize limit
- Fixed a problem that didn't correctly detect invalid filetypes when using dropboxes.
v1.6.26 (Released 2011-11-10)
- Updated French system localisation which had incorrect day names
v1.6.25 (Released 2011-10-27)
- Updated translation keys (it wasn't possible to translate the Sending… title, and a few others).
v1.6.24 (Released 2011-10-17)
- Fixed selecting multiple files when uploading through the dropbox.
v1.6.23 (Released 2011-10-05)
- Firefox 7 compatibility.
v1.6.22 (Released 2011-09-22)
- Fixed a problem where admin ip addresses and bruteforce protection wasn't enforced (the external ip address wasn't detected properly).
v1.6.21 (Released 2011-09-19)
- Fixed a problem which could cause some users to be logged out incorrectly
- Fixed a display issue where file size wasn't reported correctly in the web interface
- Added log message when files are deleted by the automatic cleanup
- Update the users last login time when they've been logged in using the remember me cookie
v1.6.20 (Released 2011-08-25)
- Fix for filenames with apostrophes.
- Some files was flagged as deleted incorrectly.
v1.6.19 (Released 2011-08-15)
- Ensure that content-type is recorded when sending through the API.
v1.6.18 (Released 2011-08-13)
- Fixed an intermittent problem with the updated data disk measurement which caused a 500 error on some installation after updating to 1.6.16.
v1.6.17 (Released 2011-08-09)
- Fixed a problem that prevented some admin functions if admin networks was specified.
- Added localization strings for Authorize and Authenticate buttons.
v1.6.16 (Released 2011-07-24)
- Added localized_datetime filter to email templates.
- Added function to change data disk ('ft change_data_disk' or from the web admin interface).
v1.6.15 (Released 2011-07-22)
- Fixed a time zone issue where data wasn't always stored in UTC in the database.
- Sending files with $ signs (and other non-standard characters) works now.
- Added a command: 'ft clean_data_dir' to move files out of /var/data/files that are no longer available (run after restoring files from backups).
v1.6.14 (Released 2011-07-14)
- Fix a problem caching of LDAP credentials introduced in v1.6.13.
v1.6.13 (Released 2011-07-13)
- Fix a problem with API authentication to LDAP if the user didn't previously exist in the system.
v1.6.12 (Released 2011-07-09)
- Enable editing of the English locale for simple overwrites without needed a special locale
- Fixed the localisation of the date format for the date selector
- More robust uploads, edits and validations of the locale files
- Reload postfix after changing time zone
- Fixed time zone issue with the system log viewer
- Check that the last system administrator is not deleted or removed its sysadmin status
- Display public URL to messages in the message log
- Added localized_date to localize the date string in the email templates
v1.6.11 (Released 2011-07-03)
- Updated password reset timeout validation.
- Added user time zone display.
- Don't login unverified accounts.
- Updated the system_url placeholder to display url with ports, if set
v1.6.10 (Released 2011-06-30)
- Fixed a problem with the API (resulted in a “template” error on the Outlook plugin)
- Display the message id in the message log
- Fixed a problem with the dropbox and empty description
v1.6.9 (Released 2011-06-27)
- Updating the remote syslog didn't restart the syslog service
- Fixed a display issue in the message log
- Fixed the message url for systems with non-standard ports
- Fixed server side filtering of blocked filters for user dropbox
v1.6.8 (Released 2011-06-23)
- Better explanation on the email validation page
- Better error messages when the API is disabled
- Fixed remote syslog configuration
- Fixed an issue where messages wouldn't expire properly
- Use the email key from LDAP when validating users
- Allow html in the dropbox description
v1.6.7 (Released 2011-06-15)
- Added a setting to force creation of accounts for external users
- Fixed the documentation link
- Fixed a problem with an empty api key for some users
v1.6.6 (Released 2011-06-13)
- No longer creating users when sending a message to a new user. It's also possible to download messages (authenticated) for external users without an account.
v1.6.5 (Released 2011-06-11)
- Downloading of locale files failed.
- Set From header in system generated emails properly.
- Ldapserver priority wasn't automatically set.
v1.6.4 (Released 2011-06-04)
- Times in the database was UTC between 1.6 and 1.6.3. This update changes to the local timezone.
- Downloads using IE7-8 failed with a permission problem in some instances.
- Fixed a user registration issue.
v1.6.3 (Released 2011-06-01)
- Fixed size to human size calculations.
- Added quotation marks for the From address when sending dropbox messages.
- Load external assets with https when connecting with https.
- Fixed a url problem with the user dropbox and the admin section.
v1.6.2 (Released 2011-05-31)
- Limit IE9 to it's actual 4 Gb upload limit.
- Better handling of out of range calculations in email templates.
- Fixed custom header image on the front and dropbox page.
- Cleaned utf8 from post parameters (this is a IE UTF8 workaround).
- Create a daily local db backup (to /var/data/db_backup).
v1.6.1 (Released 2011-05-28)
- Fixed a problem with LDAP preventing new users from authenticating.
- Made the default html templates simpler and more compatible.
- Message id wasn't shown in the download receipts.
- Fixed an issue with displaying custom logotype.
v1.6 (Released 2011-05-25)
- Updated API the updated API uses persistent API keys instead of user authentication. You have to update your code, or download an updated plugin when updating to v1.6.
- Brute force protection. The system will now lock out users after multiple failed logins.
- Moved the file store to /var/data. Please make sure that you move your files and mountpoints manually if you have added a custom disk storage.
- Never send passwords directly. Always send a custom link prompting users to set passwords.
- Custom password validation. Use any regular expression to validate passwords according to your password policy.
- Email Templates - all emails are now customizable any way that you want.
- Builtin reverse DNS cache - fixes any slowdowns when using the system without a fully functional or responding DNS server.
- Only notify downloads when downloads has completed. This works with resumable downloads as well.
- Log download speeds in the application log.
- Export users and syslog messages to csv.
- Added api enable setting to disable the api if not required on a Pro system.
- Api client side override setting - telling the Outlook plugin when to automatically send files through the Filetransfer appliance.
- The API now has functions to download messages as well as sending them.
- Support for resumable uploads. Strictly speaking, this is achieved with splitting files into segments and doesn't work using browsers, only using the API.
- Switched from a legacy autocomplete to the latest jQuery autocomplete function for autocomplete recipients.
- Updated LDAP authentication to enable RFC2254 style filters like: (&(|(sAMAccountName=<user>)(mail=<user>))(objectClass=user)) matching users on multiple ldap attributes on the same time. This example allows users to login either with their email or shortname.
- Chunked data transfers. Should improve transfer speeds.
- Lots of backend updates (Rails 3, jQuery 1.4 (replacing Prototype) and others)