Release Notes Version 1.8.x
Version 1.8.10 (released 2012-09-04)
- Preparing for v2.0.
Version 1.8.9 (released 2012-08-06)
- Fixed a problem with deleting attachments from the API.
- Display a valid XML error message when trying to access the API using http when http is disabled.
Version 1.8.8 (released 2012-07-25)
- Disabled encryption algorithms vulnerable to the "beast" attack, as outlined in CVE-2011-3389.
- Enabled TLS v1.1 and v1.2 in the web server configuration.
Version 1.8.7 (released 2012-07-13)
- Security - when a dropbox is visited for a non-existent user and the user exist in LDAP the user account is automatically created. This account was created as an admin and should have been created as a local user.
- Fixed a problem with filenames for downloads in Firefox.
Version 1.8.6 (released 2012-06-06)
- Dropbox senders (as entered) are now shown in the message list and message log
- Added license check to Admin → Status
- Better logging for two factor authentication
- Couple of language updates
- Changed MySQL temp directory
Version 1.8.5 (released 2012-05-24)
- Fixed a problem downloading UTF-8 filenames in Internet Explorer.
Version 1.8.4 (released 2012-05-21)
- Fixed typo in 1.8.3.
Version 1.8.3 (released 2012-05-21)
- Don't crash when the license limit has been reached on the login page.
- Fixed deleting files using the API.
Version 1.8.2 (released 2012-05-01)
- Fixed a problem with viewing messages in the message log.
- Updated the stylesheet to add linebreaks within the message log table so that it won't disappear off the page.
- Changed the message expiration. Now, when a message expires on the 1st of May, it will be allowed to be downloaded on the 1st of May and be deleted on the 2nd.
Version 1.8.1 (released 2012-04-26)
- Better opportunistic logging and sending of download receipts. If a user is already logged in, their information will be logged in the download log when the permission is set to "Anyone can download".
- Fixed a problem where download receipts would be sent when the sender downloaded their own attachments if the permission was set to "Anyone can download".
- Better handling when sending a message with incorrect dates using the API.
- Redirect to the front page if trying to authorize a non-existent message.
- Fixed a couple of issues with the Virus scanning and trigger av scanning of unscanned files when viewed in the message log.
Version 1.8.0 (released 2012-04-18)
Version 1.8 is not a "normal" major release in that there's no new features in the Filetransfer appliance itself. What it does have is a new version of the kernel and the web server. It wouldn't have been good to replace such major components of the system as part of a minor release so that's why the decision was made to release 1.8 with these new components but no other major features.
- Optimized kernel with increased network buffers. Especially over long distances, there should be a significant improvement in performance.
- New version of the Nginx web server. There has been a potential Denial of Service in the Nginx version in 1.7 and below. Updating to this version fixes that.
- Fixed the ft clean_data_dir command.